[rollei_list] Re: Carl Zeiss Rolleiflex SL66 1:4/40 mm Distagon FLE HFT

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 07:34:03 -0300

I don't think the Hasselblad SWC and SL 66 could be compared, they are
very different cameras.The  Rolleiflex SL 66 is a "regular" camera
with built-in bellows from factory to be used with any SL66 lens and
has "scheimpflug" for any lens too, The SL66 bellows and "Scheimpflug"
combo as standard, without accesories or special or dedicated lenses,
is exceptional. After some failures, I learnt to use the "scheimpflug"
for close-ups, you get the subject in focus beyond the normal DOF
rules and you can still play with the magnification ratio mounting the
lens reversed. I really miss my SL66 for close-ups, I sent it for CLA
last week. BTW, the SL 66 can become a terrific dedicated professional
camera for true macro photography work using lenses like the CZ
Luminars and adding some bellows or tubes if necessary.