[rollei_list] Re: Carl Zeiss Rolleiflex SL66 1:4/40 mm Distagon FLE HFT

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 23:48:44 -0400

At 07:15 PM 9/29/2012, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
RUGers,

I am getting tired of the nattering about the 40mm Distagon for the Rollei 66 series. It is a monstrously large and heavy setup. Imagine 11 elements and all the attendant glass-air surfaces. Plus the price-- 3 Kilobuks.

For less than that, I have a Hasselblad SWC-M with 38mm Biogon and film magazine that weighs less than the aforementioned 40 mm Distagon alone. The Biogon is the undisputed leader in that focal length range for 6x6cm negatives.

No, Marc--- It is not offered for sale!

Jerry Lehrer

Jerrry

I have an SWC of my own.  I have owned the 40mm and agree with your assessment.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!