[roc-chat] Re: Separate LPR area at ROCtober

  • From: Mike Riss <rockt_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:26:07 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 6/24/12, Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think the idea is good providing close coordination of the two areas.

This is what I've always wondered about whenever the idea has been proposed.
Sure, they're low power, relatively small rockets.  But that doesn't mean
they're harmless.  How would someone operating this range communicate to others
when something goes wrong, like a cruise missile or lakestake?  We still get
comments from time to time about not being able to hear the PA speakers, so
would a megaphone or smaller PA system be enough?  And, would people paying
attention to a launch on the "big" range be able to shift their attention
quickly enough?

If the downside is not overwhelming, maybe we could do a trial run.

Alternatively, if the idea is to reduce wait time on the front pads, maybe we
could launch them more often, like do the front row, then middle row, then
front row, then back row, then front row . . .

Mike