[pure-silver] Re: what is a "work print"?

  • From: "William Harting" <wm.harting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:16:48 -0500

Hi Mark,

I want to know more about that enlarging meter... is it the same thing
Nicholas Lindan spoke about in his post?

As for work prints, these are what I scan to post on the web, if I do
that, and, as others have said, they are always 8x10 RC these days
(since the demise of single weight paper), they are what lets me know
if there is any there there in the image, in other words, if the focus
is where I want it, if the range of shadow detail seems to be there,
if the subject pops. They are usually somewhere close to what I will
expect from a final print. I then make a finished print as a unique
print, usually in a larger size, on paper.

Bill