[pure-silver] Re: what is a "work print"?

  • From: Chris Ellinger <ellinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:32:23 -0500

Shannon Stoney wrote:

Anyway, she wants to look at work prints, that is, prints no larger than 8.5" x11". That makes sense to me for digital prints, but I don't understand how it works for silver prints. I guess you could have an 8x10 work print where you were figuring out the contrast, etc, and then make a bigger print after you figured out the contrast, but does anybody really do that?

I make work prints using RC paper to experiment with an image and work out a strategy for making a "real" print on FB. The RC isn't an exact preview, but it's quicker and cheaper than FB.

Chris Ellinger
Ann Arbor, MI
USA

http://www.ellingerphoto.com/