[pure-silver] Re: what is a "work print"?

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 05:13:40 -0800 (PST)

I mistyped when I said 'Epson' - it is the Ilford
enlarging meter that I use. It has a sensor, a knob
and three LEDs, a red 'over' led, a red 'under' led
and a green just right.

I pick a neutral part of the image - usually a face if
it is a portrait, put the meter on the easel and turn
the knob until I get the green LED.  Raise the head,
then open the aperture until the Green LED comes back.

At this point the intensity of light on the easel is
the same as it was for the 8x10, and all my times
should be the same.