[pure-silver] Re: old rollei over exposing

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:41:23 +0100

Dear Shannon,

I have an old Rolleiflex TLR from about 1956. The problem with such old
cameras is, that the oils that lubricate the shutter etc. harden up. They
become more viscous and then slow things down. So even if your shutter was
"adjusted" I would bet that you are getting inconsistencies due to such
effects, because it also varies with temperature a lot.

Have a reputable Rollei dealer give the camera an overhaul, i.e. replacing
the old oils with fresh stuff and cleaning everything inside. Worked fine
for  mine and it does not overexpose film...but then I mostly use negative
film and that is quite forgiving.

My Rolei came back all shiny and new, like, just that feeling was worth the
hundred bucks for the overhaul.

Love
Snoopy