[pure-silver] Re: old rollei over exposing

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:58:37 -0600

>I have found that the old, uncoated lenses are usually slower, not
>faster.  What are your exposures like and how are you metering?

I metered with a spot meter. I set up a test scene with a gray card,
and found zone III and zone VII in the scene.  The meter indicated
f/11 at 1/50th of a second.  I shot two frames like that, and also
one at f/11-16, f/16, and f/22.  I established a standard printing
time and printed all four negatives.  The only one that looked good
to me was the one I shot at f/22.  That would mean an ISO of 1600!

When I had it repaired, the shop fixed the shutter and checked all
the shutter speeds, and they were all very close to standard. That
was just two  months ago.  Could it already have gone bad again?

--shannon