[pure-silver] Re: old rollei over exposing

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:53:59 -0800

I've seen maybe 4 or 5 that had this problem of not cocking in the "out"
position.  I've measured the stroke and found it to be "standard" compared
to working cameras.  But the "feel" is definitely rough and I've found the
fit of the ring in the shutter body to be sloppy.  Mostly wear on the
shutter body.  The throw can be adjusted, but it's not really a fix in these
cases. The linkage is pretty good steel and I haven't seen much wear in it.

I gave up working on Rolleis.  It's hard.  Harry earns his money.