[pure-silver] Re: looking for a 240-300mm enlarging lens

  • From: "Joseph O'Neil" <joneil@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:34:36 -0500

At 04:00 PM 2/17/2005, you wrote:
>I am looking for a 240 to 300mm enlarging lens.  I checked at Midwest
>Camera Exchange and Lens and Repro.  Neither one has any.  Anybody
>know where else to look?

         Ever think of trying an old process lens instead?  it
works.    Although lenses are often desinged for one specific use, you can
often "cross   cultures"  so to speak.  For example, I use an older Goertz
Artar process lens for 4x5 photography (works great), I use an old 180mm
Componon enlarging lens mounted in a Copal shutter for 4x5 works (works
great too - image circle covers 5x7), and I have used process lenses for
enlarging, and they can work great there too.

         The only real, pragmatic problem, once you have the proper size,
is fitting the lens to your specific lens board for your specific camera or
enlarger.

joe