[pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??

  • From: "Tim Rudman" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:30:47 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dana H. Myers
Sent: 15 December 2006 21:07
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??

Tim Rudman wrote:

> Yes, I know what the image is Dana, and how it gets onto the print is
> critical to how it communicates with the viewer - and therefore how
> 'interesting' it is (to that viewer), or perhaps 'engaging' might be a
> better term for what I mean.
I'm not sure I follow "how it gets onto the print is critical".  What do you
mean by this?
My point is that the image - the print - is the result.  There's a process
that results in a print, but the viewer doesn't see the process, or even
really care about the process.  The print stands alone.
Dana

The viewer may or may not be aware of the process Dana, depending on their
interest and experience, but the print only 'stands alone' because of it and
the elements within it.
Tim