[pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:24:29 +0900

Dear Nephew Bill,

Down, Boy. Down, I say! Don't leap at Bob's throat. He didn't mean to hit you with that table leg - it just slipped, both times he swung it. Table legs slip all the time on the internet.

Of course you can loathe Picasso. You can loathe him for his paintings, sculpture, political opinions, or family life. Or all the above. I do. The post men used to hate him because he insisted on being paid in cash and they had to lug the sacks of money up three flights of stairs. I think Mr. Picasso would have made a wonderful small-goods manufacturer - because he seems to have been a deft hand at turning the handle on the sausage machine and My Goodness didn't the sausages roll out.

But enough of Mr. Picasso - back to Art. Or should that be ART. Or possibly arT - because when you are an artist you have a great license ( in the case of Pablo to print money) to be arrrr T as all get out. Everyone else must accept your own assessment of your own assessment. They must also accept your decision on when to bathe and how loud to behave in restaurants. They needn't actually purchase any of your art - as long as there is a government committee doling out grants you can carry on smearing the walls with ex....cellent paint and dining loudly.

Then there is the question of sex and mistresses and models. But this is a family list and I can only hint. At my age the hints are getting fewer and fewer....

Please continue writing on the subject. We may have lost the thread of the debate but it is getting funner by the minute.

Uncle Dick