[pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??

  • From: "Mark Blackwell" <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:57:24 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Claudio Bonavolta" <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 4:24 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??

----- Message d'origine -----
De: "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 02:11:49 -0800
Sujet: [pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??
À: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<snip>
I'm not sure there's anything sillier than debating
that interesting images are always more interesting than boring images.

Dana

Altough I completely agree on this, there are cases where it is the way the image is processed that makes it interesting. The japanese photographer mentionned by Adrienne is a good example: what would be the interest in these pictures without that particular processing ?

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch

How its processed should not even be something that enters consideration of the viewer. They could care less. Is the image interesting, say something, make a powerful statement, trigger an emotional response, or any of a number of other WOW factors? If so the image works. If not it doesn't. A particular techinque almost never makes or breaks an image. You might like one with the techinque a little better than the other, and you might improve something with this or that, but for the most part its like make up on a beautiful woman. It just enhances the beauty thats already there. Put make up on an ugly woman and you still have an ugly woman.