[pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 01:51:51 +0100

Did you ever think or say: 'Wow, great print, wonder how they did it?'

The process of creation is important, because it becomes part of what the
final product is. If the image alone were important, well done posters or
reproductions would enjoy the same appreciation as the original print.

Would you feel cheated if the 'original' AA print you just bought turned out
to be a well done laser print on FB paper. Sure you would, I would. But why
is that, if the image alone is important? They look identical. They just
differ by the way they were made.

I've seen art defined as 'conscious creation of a unique aesthetic product'.
We can argue about the precise definition of art (if there is one), but I
have not seen one where creation is not part of the definition.
Consequently, the creation becomes part of the art itself.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com