[pure-silver] Re: Packard shutters?

  • From: "richard l. gifford" <rlgif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:04:15 -0600

Richard Knoppow wrote:

> (snipped)
>   Bulbs are hard to find. You may be able to find a
> replacement bulb for a blood pressure tester locally from a
> medical supply house. Remove the valves.  Hub Photo sells
> them, as well as hose and fittings....

Hub prices were obscene for such simple parts.  I
bought a cheap solder sucker from Radio Shack.  No hole
in the top of the bulb.  I rested it on a genuine 2x4
and used an empty .22 magnum shell and one hit with a
moderate hammer (always calibrate your hammer carefully
before doing home handyman shortcuts) to make a
professional grade round hole.

>   ...Fuel or vacuum hose from an auto parts house is probably
> the cheapest way to get hose.
>   Hub sells the hose fitting to go through the lens board.
> I've used just a section of small pipe. You can get suitable
> tubing from hobby supply stores... If you have the means to
bulge the end of the tube it can also be used as a hose
coupling to the bulb.

The auto parts house also has a wide variety of plastic
hose fittings with the barbed ends.  Fuel hose is too
stiff, use vacuum hose.

regards...  Dick Gifford