[projectaon] Re: PDF Comment Period

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:41:12 +0100

 Not sure if this is what you meant,
 but it shouldn't matter what fonts you have installed on your laptop,
 as Ingo has (correctly) embedded the fonts in the PDF itself,
 so any person reading it should see the same thing.
 (Although irritatingly, the default behaviour on many PDF readers is to
use fonts on the host system
 instead of the PDF's embedded fonts if one matching the same name is
available, which is a recipe
 for non-WYSIWIG behaviour...)

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Wed 14/07/10 9:29 AM , Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
sent:
[2]">http://www.projectaon.org/staff/ingo/01fftd.pdf

 > From my point of view the PDF is now ready for (a first) release. Sure,
 > there is still a lot of room for improvement but in my opinion we can
 > leave this for another day (resp. for the second release).

 Agreed. It looks really good in my Debian GNU/Linux laptop system even
 though I *don't* have ITC Souvenir available as a truetype font. Also,
 the action chart, map, etc. look really nice.

 I'm looking forward to testing your changes in the Spanish version of
 the PDF files too.

 Regards

 Javier

[3]">//www.freelists.org/list/projectaon