Re: Cross Platform Audio Game Engine

  • From: Lex <lex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:52:45 +0200

12.01.2011 19:37, Littlefield, Tyler пишет:
I've started a project like this, which is just in it's early development stages. What I aimed to do was provide a simple setup for someone to use, use Lua (as it's quicker than Python) for the scripting language,
I also used lua for scripting in my engine when I programmed in Delphi. I have chosen python because it is more powerful out of the box, quite popular through VI community, and - the most important - it supports OOP natively. In lua I had to do nasty hacks&tricks to emulate something like classes and objects.
you could use something that wasn't so big on 3-d rendering but had a good audio setup for something like this, accessibility is just audio after all, and there doesn't need to be anything special to make a game accessible that a decent engine couldn't do.
But there is bulk of things that it does which is redundant for accessible game, or, moreover to accessible game developer. Engines I looked into were too graphic-oriented and lacked a high level of abstraction that I want to see.

Lex