Re: Cross Platform Audio Game Engine

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:59:40 -0500

Hi,
Synthesizer preference is very individualized. I personally say that
Espeak is the best one out there. It's light weight, easy to understand,
and supports a ton of languages. The best part is, if it doesn't support
a language well, it is the falt of those who speak the language for not
helping out with it. There are even tools to make helping easier. I have
personally suggested a few changes to the american English voice and
they made it in to Espeak in a reasonable amount of time.
Of course, not everyone agreees that Espeak is the best synth, but at
least the author cares about the project, updates the software
frequently, fixes bugs, etc. That is much more than can be said for the
E word. What happens when Windows drops Sapi4 support?
Storm
--
"A sea of green will set us free"
Six Feet Under