-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Sound trouble

  • From: "Trevnal" <trev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:33:18 +0100

Hank,

To get your sound Icon back next to your clock, Open up settings, control
panel, and then the sound option.  You should now find a box that needs to
be ticked, and then the icon will reappear on the task bar.

I still can't think of a reason you would get no sound from WMP either, the
only thing that has gone through my mind, is for you to run SFC, System File
Checker.  It may or may not help, but it will certainly do no damage.  Open
the run box and just type in SFC, and make sure you have your Windows CD in
the CD drive too.

Hope that helps.

Trevnal