-=PCTechTalk=- Sound trouble

  • From: "Hank" <hdka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:48:27 -0500

Hi, I have lost my sound to the WMP, all the other sounds work, Real Player,
The mail sound and I can open the Windows recorder and play the wav files but
if I try to play them with the windows media player I get the error message .
Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available
(Error=40258). I have reinstalled the sound card drivers and the WMP 4.7 and
the WMP 7.1 and I can't get either to work, Same error. Anyone know what else I
can try?

Sincerely Yours,
Hank
http://hdka.stormpages.com/indexf.html
http://www.babelmagazine.com/wing.html
http://members.myecom.net/hdka/ct/ct.html

"Just because you don't take an interest in politics
and government, doesn't mean that politics and
government isn't taking an interest in YOU."