-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Sound trouble

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:00:46 -0400

a good while ago, I had a discussion with a friend about sound files. Neither
of us knowlegable enough to do either one any good! But we were both having
problems- sort of interconnected. I would go to her web site and not get sound
- and she was using wmp - and I was too - but her site came up saying
crecscendo - which she didn't have - but told me to download it - I'm not sure
what ever really happened to be honest - I ended up upgrading to the new wmp
9.0 from my old one - and my problems all got solved. I joked, as I have of
other older versions of programs, that there is a 'jinx' put on older programs
when newer versions come out, that stop them from working! I think my friend
updated also. We are both running winXP - very similar systems, and it is odd
how different they truly are.
I have real one player on here - I don't want it, but certain web sites I visit
require it. I have disabled (hopefully) the spyware in it, and stop it all of
the time from trying to self initiate itself - I had wondered if it threw a
wrench into my other players and sound.
I feel for you - and hope that you get it all worked out some way. I know how
frustrating it is.
CrisS