-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:32:24 -0500

Sandy,
    You almost say that as if I wouldn't remember you.  I remember a couple
of times where I sent replies to Sandi and spelled it with a final 'y'
because I was confusing the two of you.  I think I may have even sent you a
reply with a final 'i', just to keep it fair.        ;O}

    I'm the one who took you (and everyone else) off of Vacation mode
(FreeLists' version of No Mail until I initiated some time limits).  At that
time, we had more memberships on Vacation than we had actually using the
group.  While I knew that there would be perhaps up to 5 folks who actually
WERE on vacation, the rest had basically abandoned the group, forgotten
about their membership or were lost & didn't have any idea why they were no
longer getting messages.  At the risk of ticking off the true vacationers, I
wanted to give the rest of you 'folks in hiding' a chance to get back in the
game.  I'm glad you chose to do just that.  I'm also really glad to hear
that you've upgraded to a much faster speed.

    As for me, I moved from Philly to rural Michigan and found myself living
in an area where we couldn't even get phone service for just about 3 years.
That took me offline for all of that time (an incredibly exasperating
experience), but it kinda gave me a chance to 'recharge my batteries', so to
speak.  Throughout my absence, the Mod Squad (our illustrious group
moderators/co-owners) and especially Keyboard Cowboy (you may remember him
as 'Master NetLord'), did a fantastic job of keeping the group moving
forward.  I was able to finally get a phone and dial-up service in late '06
and have been trying to keep up ever since.  I eventually had a satellite
dish hooked up, but it's extremely expensive for the amount of speed and
bandwidth they provide.  Still, I'm really enjoying the country living
(except for when the farmers spread various 'fertilizer' compounds) and
don't think I could ever fully return to city life.          lol

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"