-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT

  • From: "SandyLuvsMusic" <sandyluvsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:33:53 -0500

My hubby is a 2-time survivor of non-hodgkin lymphoma, having just fought it
again from June '06-Oct '07 by first having cervical spine surgery where it was
found in his C5 vetebrae...........very serious surgery he endured where they
went in thru the front and back, put in a plate in front, and rods in back to
do a fusion from C4 to C6, then went thru chemo while going to physical therapy
at the same time.......he's now doing great and back at work (since Oct 8) and
he's definitely my hero :-).  There was a lot of cancer in his father's side of
the family.  I don't know about other types of cancer but with NHL they've made
great strides since he had it the first time in '96.  They now have
immunotherapy, where part of the chemo is an agent called Rituxan that kicks a
person's own immune system into overdrive and it goes after a very specific
protein only contained in the cells of NHL.  He was lucky that while still
being a very sick man, he didn't suffer the worst of the side effects normally
associated with most chemo.  Or maybe it was just him??  Or good nursing?? lol!
 It actually got rid of a lot of arthritic inflammation throughout his body
that had been showing up in tests prior to the chemo.  Amazing huh?  He
actually suffered the worst side effects from the prednisone that he had to
take the day of chemo and the next 4 days than he did from the chemo itself.
Sandy