-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft XP.

  • From: "faythe&al" <rem41mag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:51:46 -0500

thanks for the input Lacey,
if I have to remove the M.E. & do a new install, I may ask a techie friend to
do it, incase it doesn't work, he could then put the old junkie ME back on for
me ....
mine is OEM, so I don't have the correct works, me thinks ??? Faythe
(scratching head??)

from what I've heard, and in my own experience you're best not to install XP
over top of another operating system -- like don't do the "upgrade" option
do a "clean install" -- doesn't mean reformatting though but it will mean
reinstalling all of your programs. I've heard too many problems if you do
the upgrade option and for myself, my system wouldn't even work after the
upgrade -- I had to do a clean install and its works just great now.

~Lacey~