-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft XP.

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:03:07 -0500

<Copy>
so, in short, could I install XP pro right over ME & would it really make a
difference with the gremlins I have to keep battle with??? thanks, Faythe
<End>

Yes, you can. HOWEVER, you may own some peripherals that will cease to
operate under XP. Yep, that happened to me; that's how I came to find that out.

So I keep two computers networked together. One is XP Pro, and the other is
ME. This way, I can use my scanner on the ME machine, and copy the graphics
to the XP machine

My suggestion would be to first investigate if you have peripherals that
will have a problem running under XP (any flavor).

Robert