-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft XP.

  • From: "faythe&al" <rem41mag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:37:04 -0500

thanks Robert, will look into those sites...
I know I used to have a possible problem with my printer, but I have a newer
one now that is suppose to be compatible... my scanner wasn't even compatible
with the ME, so I've been needing one of those a while...
I am more concerned with usb ports, video cards, ect... don't have any extra $$
to spend..
do you think the XP may resolve some of the gremlin issues ? I know when ever I
call tech support anywhere & they ask what OS & I tell them ME, they always
go...'well there's one of your problems...'

>>>sigh>>>>  thanks ,  faythe

That said, I will add this note: It is better to install XP cleanly, that
is, do a clean install, not just an upgrade.  However, the compatibility
issues may still arise. I can't use my Epson 1500 (Scanner) on the XP, but
I do use on the ME.  Several of my friends use the XP upgrade and had no
problems. More of my friends had problems with the upgrade and just ended
up doing a clean install. I had two printers not to work under XP, with HP
and MS pointing the finger at each other.