-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft XP.

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:18:03 -0500

XP (any flavor, Pro, Home, or Standard/Student) is more stable than ME. I
have +never+ had XP give me problems, save one, and it was not XP's fault.
(I allowed a kid to write his school paper on my Word, and he brought his
disks with him, one of which had a Dumaru virus.) I am also using a RAID
system, which works well.

Rather than get extra cards to give me more USB plugs, I opted for a USB
hub. In fact, a local store had a sale on them and I bought four. Though I
certainly don't need all of them, I could put two on each machine and gain
14 plugs for USB peripherals. For me, it was cheaper to get USB hubs, and
not use up a slot in the machine.

I have heard ME called anything and everything from there to here. Yet, I
still use ME. I have a second keyboard, which is programmable, and just by
pressing one key, I can execute a near batch file. I have one key
programmed to open my genealogy program, look for the "Carneal" data file,
and load it. One button- pow!

I have not seen a gremlin in my XP, and except one, none of my friends have
either.

Robert