-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft XP.

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:48:16 -0500

Here are some sites......
http://www.xpsc.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/compatibility/default.asp

http://www.intellitools.com/techsupport/OS_sysreqmnts/winxp.htm

http://www.intellitools.com/techsupport/OS_sysreqmnts/winxp.htm#details

That said, I will add this note: It is better to install XP cleanly, that
is, do a clean install, not just an upgrade.  However, the compatiability
issues may still arise. I can't use my Epson 1500 (Scanner) on the XP, but
I do use on the ME.  Several of my friends use the XP upgrade and had no
problems. More of my friends had problems with the upgrade and just ended
up doing a clean install. I had two printers not to work under XP, with HP
and MS pointing the finger at each other.