-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft XP.

  • From: "faythe&al" <rem41mag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:22:02 -0500

Well darn it...
after searching the sites that Robert & Kat both submitted, I was not able to
find any references to my PC _ HP Pavilion 8755C , so I don't know if there is
anything hiding inside that may not work with XP ???

I know windows had a compatibility page where you just entered your PC & it
would send back any conflicts, but it seems they changed that to a Catalog & my
Pavilion is not listed & in a search it is not found ???

hummmmmm ....

any ideas anyone ??

thanks,  Faythe

 From Robert>>>Here are some sites......
http://www.xpsc.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/compatibility/default.asp

http://www.intellitools.com/techsupport/OS_sysreqmnts/winxp.htm

http://www.intellitools.com/techsupport/OS_sysreqmnts/winxp.htm#details

  from Kat>>>Go here http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/search.mspx for the MS =
Hardware
Compatibility List.  You can insert your hardware by name and it will =
tell
you whether it works with W2K or XP or you can download the text version
there as well.  Kat