-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Interesting Phenomenom

  • From: "geekette" <geekette@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:18:44 -0500

thanks. . .I did that for three months before the last spinal fusion. .
.the first spinal fusion after the accident severely weakend the
vertebrae and discs above and below the fracture.  I had to have all
three fused with hip bone and now they are talking about doing the one
above and below and that means a halo because we are at 2/3 and I am
putting it off as long as I am not losing any more function.  I have
nerve damage from the neck down. . .and severe nerve damage from L 4-5
down on the left side. . .in the last month I have had to give up
walking without a cane and go back to a leg brace. . .stuff happens and
I don't even bother with the "why me" question any more. . .it might
just as well be "why not me?"
I am so glad you have gotten some relief. I know that there are others
on the list that have gone through their share of this type of injury,
too. . .and I pray that they find relief. . .we just were not meant to
walk upright. . .<grin>