From: pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gman
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 6:15 PM
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: -=3DPCTechTalk=3D- Re: First Experience With The Geek Squad

SirT,
    Your approach is a perfect example of true "customer" service.  What =

these big shops do should only be called "computer" service.

    I try to make sure everyone I service knows that I collect discarded =

(but still working) parts, peripherals and systems for recycling.  I =
then=20
break up most of the systems, download drivers for every OS that can =
support

each part (the driver files then go onto my portable USB drive and a=20
separate CD I take with me on calls) and then I use them as free =
emergency=20
replacement parts for all of my customers.  Of course, the individual =
reused

parts go to someone else most of the time.  But I had one experience =
where=20
someone's newer system had an onboard sound chip that went bad.  While =
we=20
waited almost two weeks for the arrival of a replacement mainboard, I=20
dropped in the cheap PCI sound card that came from her old system, =
installed

drivers for it and left her still able to use her headset to talk online =

with her son (he lives in AZ and had just produced her first grandbaby=20
:O)   ).  I refused to charge her for this call and she was thrilled =
that=20
she wouldn't lose that connection at such a critical time (turns out he =
was=20
really in need of her guidance).  She then turned speechless when I told =
her

that it was her own recycled card that saved the day.  This wonderful =
woman=20
proceeded to force my number into the hands of many of her friends and=20
relatives.  I don't know how many new customers I 'inherited' from that =
one=20
call, but I can tell you it was significant.  There is simply NO =
substitute=20
for quality "customer" service and treating people with the respect that =

they deserve.

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"

----- Original Message -----=20