Re: Query Database while shutdown in progress

  • From: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: m.haddon@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:05:25 -0500

Actually, I wasnt saying  dont ever do a shutdown abort.  My point is you
shouldnt do it unless you have to.   LIke, when the database is hanging.
Shutdown immediate works perfectly well almost all the time.  Like I said,
if Oracle says a shutdown abort is now as safe as a shutdown immediate, I
havent heard it.

On 6/27/07, Michael Haddon <m.haddon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

an init 6 is the same as a reboot,.. it will execute the K scripts in
each level from 6 down to 1 and then reboot. If the K##oracle scripts
have been created in levels 3, or 4 like they should have the database
will be shutdown cleanly anyway.

Mike

Sinardy Xing wrote:
> I know 1 team that manage sun system they shutdown the system using
> "sync; sync; init 6;" and already have been like that for few years
> oracle is invisible to them. Power Ranger :)

Andrew W. Kerber