Re: Query Database while shutdown in progress

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle.rdbms@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:52:02 +0800

Your only option would be to open a seperate pre-connected session before issuing
the "SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE"  and then use that pre-connected sesssion to query
V$TRANSACTION etc.

At 10:58 AM Wednesday, Sinardy Xing wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to rephrase my question, how do we monitor the progress of shutting down immediate mode.

Thanks.

On 6/27/07, Sinardy Xing <<mailto:oracle.rdbms@xxxxxxxxx>oracle.rdbms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

When we shutdown Oracle instance with shutdown immediate mode. The Oracle will wait until all rollback completed.

The challenge is, how we can login to the instance to check the progress of rolling back, assume we are given sysdba privilege.

Our attempt:
Login / as sysdba unable to query v$transaction. as shutdown in progress not allow query. Why Oracle allow to log in as sysdba while nothing can be done in the so call session.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

--
regards,
Santos