From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Seiler
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 2:56 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Query Database while shutdown in progress

In all the docs I read for 10g (read: certification prep guides),
shutdown abort is still treated like a leper.  I'm pretty surprised by
this thread so far.

Don.

On 6/27/07, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The last time I checked, admittedly in the 8.1.7 world, oracle stated
> that you could end up with file corruption on a shutdown abort (note
> that is could, not would, I never had it happen),  If they have
> changed this and now say that a shutdown abort is as safe as a
> shutdown immediate, I have not heard it.  Does anyone have a statement
from oracle to that effect?

--
Don Seiler
oracle blog: http://ora.seiler.us

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and
may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or
it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority,
you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any
manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your
records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link
or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser:
http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com