Re: Re : Which Oracle Edition am I running

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: neiloverend@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:48:15 +0100

I don't believe that dba_registry was available in 8i so normally I'd
select from v$version. That returns the software version though. You
ought to have license records really!

On 6/28/07, Neil Overend <neiloverend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How do I tell what Edition (Standard,Enterprise) I've got installed
(8.1.7.0.0 on Win2K)

Just had a disk array disembowel itself on an old box running 8.1.7 on
Win2k. Managed to recover it to another box with a fresh install of
Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 Standard Edition. When I initially started it up
(with original init.ora) it complained that Managed Standby was not
available (due to log_archive_dest_1 being set). Anyway, fixed that
and everything now works.

But it makes me think that we had Enterprise Edition installed
If this was the case is there any way of confirming it and is there
any problem with running the database with Standard Edition software
given that was originally Enterprise. Oracle starts up OK, no errors
in log
It's a very simple system, just a bit bucket for an application.

Alert log say this (in both cases)

ORACLE V8.1.7.0.0 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=e vsnxtr=3
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 2, CPU type 586
Starting up ORACLE RDBMS Version: 8.1.7.0.0.

I have access to the old ORACLE_HOME but the data disks are dead.

Neil

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info