Re: Query Database while shutdown in progress

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:55:56 -0500

In all the docs I read for 10g (read: certification prep guides),
shutdown abort is still treated like a leper.  I'm pretty surprised by
this thread so far.

Don.

On 6/27/07, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The last time I checked, admittedly in the 8.1.7 world, oracle stated that
you could end up with file corruption on a shutdown abort (note that is
could, not would, I never had it happen),  If they have changed this and now
say that a shutdown abort is as safe as a shutdown immediate, I have not
heard it.  Does anyone have a statement from oracle to that effect?

--
Don Seiler
oracle blog: http://ora.seiler.us