[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 08:37:30 -0500

The more significant problem is strong adjacent channel interference, where
AGC on desired channel does not reduce the strong adjacent channel.  Then,
the first mixer generates 3rd-order intermodulation that is strong enough to
disrupt digital demodulation.

Broadband AGC of the front end helps this problem, as pointed out by Charles
Rhodes & others.

Al Limberg