[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:22:52 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> P.S. A digital receiver is no longer adequate. PVR
> functionality is becoming a standard feature for
> subscriber based systems. I expect it will be
> standard on DVB-T STBs within a year.

Semantics.

The way I would say that is that integrated DVB-T
receivers would be mandatory in recording devices
within a year, assuming of course that this is in fact
the case. This certainly has to be part of a logical
evolution of these recording devices, every bit as
much as it applies to the viewing device.

So, if true, it would simply be the DVB version of
the tuner mandate/cable agreement.