[opendtv] Re: Public M/H information

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:34:30 -0800

You really work hard to twist these things, don't you?  In the average week,
more Americans watch local/broadcast network TV fare than do not.  Indeed,
the vast majority of folk watch over the course of a week.

I'm wondering why the Florida legislature spends all that money and time
supporting Gator football.  After all, the VAST majority of Floridians never
watch on TV or attend the games.  Just think of the vast expanse of land and
expenses involved in building and keeping up a stadium that is effectively
used less than two dozen times a year.  And, that's in a good year.

What exactly does football have to do with education anyway?  Enable
illiterate 'athletes' to graduate from a good school?  Seems orthogonal to
me.  I'm told that at least two members of the San Diego Chargers can't read
their own names.

John Willkie