[opendtv] Re: OTA

  • From: Bob Miller <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 00:04:39 -0500

The broadcasters choose a broadcast system that does not work for most New
Yorkers. Now they are offered a chance to receive OTA broadcast on their
own rented antenna and record device which is then sent by a third party to
them over the Internet. Once they have received it legally on their
equipment it seems it is theirs to have sent to themselves.

I think they might just win. Especially with the reception problems in NYC
and the broadcasters attitude toward the broadcast modulation being used. I
would love to be a witness for them about the origins of the problem and
broadcasters attitudes toward reception problems from the beginning. it
could be argued that broadcasters benefit from bad reception when they get
paid for their content in New York city.

Bob Miller