[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:26:42 -0400

Bob Miller wrote:

> Aussies know nothing of COFDM, consumers in general know
> nothing of the technologies they buy. I have said so many
> times and yet inexplicably you bring this up as if it was
> my argument over and over again.

Your argument is, and continues to be, that it is COFDM that makes
Aussie OTA TV a success. And you do it again here:

> All along, however, based on my belief that 8-VSB was/is
> c**p and that DVB-T was/is far superior I said that OZ
> would be a fantastic success and that OTA DTV in the US
> would flounder for years waiting for a fix.

QED.

Once again:

Please ask yourself why Aussies are satisfied with their few OTA
channels, and why Americans have not been with an equal number of OTA
channels, for the past 25 years.