[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: "John A. Limpert" <jlimpert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:50:15 -0400

on 8/4/04 14:25, Manfredi, Albert E at albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Perhaps, although I don't see that incoporating analog UHF
> tuners with a similar mandate was any big deal burden to the
> CE vendors or the public. Quite the contrary.

Then why were performance requirements written into the FCC regulations? Was
it because there was a price difference between a UHF tuner designed to
satisfy a mandate and a UHF tuner that actually worked in the real world?

I do remember the manufacturers complaining about the added cost of later
mandates that attempted to put UHF on an equal level with VHF.