[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:05:44 +0100

On further reflection, the set was bought by 1988 or so.  It's 27 inch (I
just measured it) but without anything fancy like PIP.  Unfortunately, dad
isn't around to check the other details, and subsequent to his demise, my
mother threw out the receipts that dad kept for any capital item, along with
the instruction manuals.  ISTR that it went into the shop once, in the early
1990's.

Dad never forgave Japan for Pearl Harbor, but Sony was an exception.  As I
pointed out in his eulogy, Sony to him was a domestic brand.  One had to go
back to the 1970's to find him buying a non-Sony electronics device.  He had
a 5.1 Sony audio system in 1993 or so, even though he only had a
three-channel Bose speaker set.  The RC for that thing flummoxes me.

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>

> About a dozen years ago, my father bought a 27" inch Sony set at the
Marine