[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:45:00 -0400

>TigerDirect.com lists SVA, Syntax, and Sceptre 30" widescreen LCD HD
>sets for $1650 to $1900. Keeping in mind that these ar

Sorry Bert, but even at these prices, these LCD panels are still 3-4
times the cost of a LARGER CRT (4;3 versus 16:9)

>With a 50 percent price reduction, no contest.

With a 50% price reduction they will still be twice as expensive.

Wishing that people will pay more than $299 for their next TV is not
going to change the market dynamics. When you can buy a 30" LCD panel
for $499, maybe we can have this discussion again.