[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:30:23 +0100

"Low price Mac" and "Macs selling in the education market"?  Just more
wishful thinking.  Have you noticed that when a computer education dinosaur
specifies Macs in the school, or for students to purchase, it becomes a
front-page story in the local section of the newspaper and is featured on
TV, because they're too expensive?  We had a recent case in San Diego, and
the "victims" were in one of the wealthiest parts of the county.

The parents also said:  our kids should learn on the computers that they
will encounter in business, the types we already have at home.  Sure, we'll
buy our sixth grader a laptop if the curriculum demands it, but why should
we have to pay twice the amount for a Mac powerbook?

The reality distortion field just gets more warped hereabouts.