[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:26:29 -0400

I had written:

> >How quickly we forget. A mere 3 years ago, PCs were almost
> >always sold with CRT monitors. We started seeing flat screens
> >in TV shows, and by now, we almost forgot that PCs ever came
> >with CRT monitors. Just how many CRTs do you see with PCs
> >when you visit your neighborhood Best Buy or CompUSA?

Craig's reply:

> Quite a few.

Oh please.

Craig, do yourself a favor. Go to the Best Buy web site, search
for "monitors," and tell me the ratio of flat panel vs CRTs you
get back. I won't waste time counting, but it's something like
10:1 or better, in favor of flat panel monitors.

Or just visit some stores. And I don't mean just for the fire
sales.