[norcal-hug] Re: Time to plan our next meeting?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:34:54 -0800

Howdy,

Urias McCullough wrote:
On 27/01/2008, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, Bruno cannot make a firm commitment to attending the
meeting, as he has a product launch that may require he be working
during the weekend. This also means that we cannot count with Google
hosting us.

So we have to change our plans and looks for a place too. Any ideas?

Bummer!

Maybe Scott has some ideas on a location? Maybe we could do it in the
north-bay area this time.

We also should get "pycube" involved this time around since he's moved
back to norcal :) I will hit him up on IRC next time I get a chance.

Good idea: the more, the merrier.

Do we want to do it like last time where we get a room with power,
tables, and setup a webcam? Do we want something more structured this
time around?

I would not mind if we do something informal for now. I would not mind if we do a Haiku introduction/demo targeting potential newcomers though. We have a projector that we can use for that purpose. Any volunteers? :)

I would definitely like to see machines running Haiku that people can play with so, yes, a place that has tables, power and network access is preferable.

I think the live broadcast is sort of a PITA - maybe we can just
record portions of the meeting with a regular DV camera and tripod or
something. I still have some audio/video of geist talking with
Stephan, Oliver, and others at the last meeting that we may want to
archive somewhere. (unfortunately I didn't record some of the best
parts because it was on pause!)

I am not so sure about the webcast. If it's just 3-4 of us hosting the meeting, it may become more of a distraction. But setting up a video camera to record the whole thing may not hurt; someone could later edit the video and create a summary to post on the net.

In any case, should we try to have an IRC meeting to flesh out some
ideas and possible locations?

Sure. Scott, are you listening? :)

Cheers,

Koki