[norcal-hug] Re: Time to plan our next meeting?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:02:39 -0800

Hi Williams,

William Tracy wrote:
On Jan 30, 2008 6:39 PM, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My bad: it is norcal-hug.org (not nocal-hug.org). :)

You'd think I would have noticed that. :-/

/me wonders if this typo has anything to do with a subconcious (negative) view of CA...

Some of us are going to be in LA for the SCaLE conference. We have a
Haiku booth, and one of our devs is a featured speaker and will be
giving a Haiku presentation. This is on the weekend of Feb 9 & 10; if
you have time to drive down to LA, it would be fun to get together. :)

I don't have a car here at school, and making it there and back in one
weekend via Greyhound would be a bit iffy. Even if somebody offered me
a ride, my workload is heavy enough this quarter that I'm not going to
be able to just take off for the weekend. :-(

Bruno Albuquerque (the Haiku speaker at SCaLE) and I are driving down from Tracy (in the Central Valley, where I live), so we are coming down I-5. We could drop you off on the way back though, as we were planning to take 101 back to the Bay Area on Monday morning.

Just in case you feel tempted and change your mind. ;)

Cheers,

Koki