[norcal-hug] Re: Time to plan our next meeting?

  • From: "William Tracy" <afishionado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:13:45 -0800

On Jan 30, 2008 10:06 AM, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> William, please, stay delurked. :) As you can see, we are a small group,
> and we need more people to contribute in order to make the HUG more
> lively. :)

I've played with Haiku under a VM, but right now I'm pretty much sold
on Linux for all my day-to-day tasks (you can pry Bash away from my
cold, dead fingers). However, I'm enthusiastic about anything that
increases the diversity in Open Source operating systems. Lots of
people I know aren't ready for Linux, and probably never will be. I'm
looking forward to the day when either Haiku or ReactOS is complete
enough that I can recommend them.

Somebody remind me to poke around in the Haiku kernel after I finish
the operating systems class at school...

> PS: William, may I suggest that you register to nocal-hug.org? That
> would give us a better idea of where you are located. :)

Hmm, that site seems to be down right now. Anyway, I am from the
greater North Bay (Santa Rosa, to be exact) and am going to school in
central California (Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo). So where I am depends
on whether school is in session or not. :-)

--
William Tracy
afishionado@xxxxxxxxx -- wtracy@xxxxxxxxxxx

Assembly language experience is [important] for the maturity and
understanding of how computers work that it provides.
                -- D. Gries