[norcal-hug] Re: Time to plan our next meeting?

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:49:35 -0800

On 27/01/2008, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately, Bruno cannot make a firm commitment to attending the
> meeting, as he has a product launch that may require he be working
> during the weekend. This also means that we cannot count with Google
> hosting us.
> So we have to change our plans and looks for a place too. Any ideas?

Maybe Scott has some ideas on a location? Maybe we could do it in the
north-bay area this time.

We also should get "pycube" involved this time around since he's moved
back to norcal :) I will hit him up on IRC next time I get a chance.

Do we want to do it like last time where we get a room with power,
tables, and setup a webcam? Do we want something more structured this
time around?

I think the live broadcast is sort of a PITA - maybe we can just
record portions of the meeting with a regular DV camera and tripod or
something. I still have some audio/video of geist talking with
Stephan, Oliver, and others at the last meeting that we may want to
archive somewhere. (unfortunately I didn't record some of the best
parts because it was on pause!)

In any case, should we try to have an IRC meeting to flesh out some
ideas and possible locations?